Thursday, July 6, 2023

QuarryArt

I'm pleased to be contributing the Sculpture portion of the QuarryArt program at the Cape Ann Museum this Saturday, July 8, 2:00-3:00. Registration is required.


Being part of the lineup is intriguing because it draws out from other creative people their own responses to these compelling features of our landscape and our history, in their own media and their own words.


My relationship with quarries began with a utilitarian interest in obtaining available stone.


In the slide show I'm going to trace my journey from there to art.


Halibut Point is not a work of art, nor even sculpture, but it's a mecca for everyone's aesthetic refreshment.



2 comments:

  1. Paul and I saw your display last week and were so impressed! It was outstanding. He will see you Saturday, but I will be away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Really, I think one's art goes only as far and as deep as your love goes”
    ― Andrew Wyeth, Autobiography

    Dad, your love for Cape Ann and Halibut Point goes deep, and therefore your granite art goes far. We are celebrating you and your art, and we are happy that others will see it and hear about it soon.

    ReplyDelete