Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 Vision

Seldom does a New Year arrive so boisterously. 

When confronted with sleepless nights Wendell Berry wrote of going to the woods. He concluded his poem "The Peace of Wild Things" with a ready remedy: 

I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

At Halibut Point we start the New Year with gratitude for its natural beauty and for the preservation work of its custodians, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and The Trustees of Reservations.
 
 
 













 
 
 
 
 
 


















 
 
 
 
 
 










































5 comments:

  1. Thank You for the beautiful gift that arrives in my in box every week.
    Wishing you a New Year full of Peace, Good Health and New Adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, Dad. Thank you for sharing some of your awesome moments at your local park. -- Marco

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thank you for including my favorite sea bird, the gannet. Love that reflection on the water of the granite face.
    That poem really struck home. I have been grieving the anticipated loss of my beloved dog Lila, who will be 17 years old in June. As I think about losing her as she loses her legs, sight and hearing, she is only looking for her next meal or treats. Wonder how many days of my life I have wasted on my worry for losing her. Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for bringing this gift in our in boxes that is freely available around us all the time, if only we could pause and see it. Your blog provides that pause. Magnificently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I rest in the grace of the world, and am free." And in the grace and shared knowledge of your wonderful work here, Martin. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete